Turkey Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of Homemade Mushroom Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet saute, garlic and onions
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 9 minutes or until al dente; drain. Rinse under cold water. (Normally I wouldn't do this, because it causes the sauce to stick better, but you need to be able to handle the noodles)
4. Drain Spinach. Take a Clean dish towel and squeeze until all liquid is gone
|4. Add ground turkey and cook until evenly brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. .|
5. Combine spinach, parsley, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese
6. Remove ground turkey heat and combine with cottage cheese mixture.
10. Top with mozzarella cheese.
11. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 @ Degrees
12. Finish under Broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown cheese
These were definitely one of the best stuffed shells I've ever had. I never knew I could substitute cottage cheese for ricotta and not know the difference. The only thing I would change next time, is not adding the mozzarella. It was a bit to much and made it very difficult to get the shells out without loosing the inside.
Now I have enough leftovers to feed an army!