Saturday, September 11, 2010

Menu Planning Saturday


 I love planning a menu.  This is the first time I've ever stuck with making a meal plan and I find it freeing because I don't have to put any thought into "whats for dinner?"  BUT I seem to be having a hard time actually sticking to it! I find myself using the same ingredients to make something different, which is fine but maybe I should start planning my ingredients instead of my meals!

  • Sunday: Leftover
  • Monday: Pork Chops, Stuffing, Green Beans
  • Tuesday: Grilled Salmon, Corn on the Cob, Rice
  • Wednesday: Sausage Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms and Tomatoes, Green Beans
  • Thursday:  Boca Veggie Burgers, Salad
  • Friday: Stuffed Peppers
  • Saturday: Pesto Pasta with Shrimp

Cooking anything good this week? I’d love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer visit your blog and read some post. I created a new blog about healthy food recipes. inviting you to visit and give your comments on that. ID is www.faisalrecipes.blogspot.com
    Hope you will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan my meals similarly, but with a small twist. I don't assign the days. That way if I had a long day, I can just pick one of the easier meals.
    Also, this book might help- Fix, freeze, feast : prepare in bulk and enjoy by the serving : more than 125 recipes
    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete