So we've gone a little pesto crazy here at YHC, so here is another recipe!!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 4 heaping tbsp of Pesto
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms, Finely minced
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Tomato, Sliced
- American Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine ground turkey, 2 tbsp of pesto, mushrooms, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. Mix Well. Score into an X so that meat is even when you form patties
2. Form into 2 patties. Make indentation in the center to help with even cooking
3. Heat pan to medium high. Coat pan with evoo. Add burgers and cook for about 6 minutes per-side
4. Top burgers with cheese and melt.
5. Toast buns lightly and slice a tomato
6. Make pesto mayo, the ratio we us is 2 tbsp of may for every 1 of pesto
This burger is really good made on the BBQ as well. Usually that is where I would make it, but it was raining.