This is a recipe for a months worth of rich chunky tomato sauce. I realized today that most of what I cook is all guess work when it comes to measurements. The problem with that is, it doesn’t translate very well to a blog! So I broke out my measuring cups and spoons... And I am happy to tell you, that I finally have a recipe after years of making this sauce. Anyone who has ever tried it, loves it. The mushrooms are optional, I’ve also made this by adding frozen spinach, zucchini or ground beef. Enjoy!
- 3 28oz Cans of Tomato Puree
- 2 28oz Cans of Diced Tomato
- 1 6oz Can on Tomato Paste
- 1 Whole Head of Garlic, minced
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 9 Cups of Mushrooms, Quarter
- 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Splenda (or sugar)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dry Oregano
- 3 tbsp Dry Parsley
1. Turn crock-pot to high, add Tomato Puree, Paste and Diced Tomatoes to pot.
4. Add Mushrooms, Parsley, Oregano, Splenda and Parmesan Cheese. Mix well.
5. Mix well and cover. Cook for 1 hour on high, 7 hours on low (no need to stir). Or 4 hours on high, stir once an hour.
4 Quart size bags
4 (or 1 will be fine) Left over Chinese soup container
Stack in freezer, and you now have enough homemade sauce for at least 4 effortless dinners!