Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grilled Peaches

This past weekend my husband and I went to pick peaches at a local orchard (Styer Orchard). I couldn't believe the wonderful taste that these peaches held. There is something amazing about fruit picked with your own hands. The freshness can not be beat. We were grilling a lot over the weekend for Labor Day so I decided to grill some peaces for dessert.  I've seen this on countless cooking shows but never tried it. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at just how much it changes the flavor. They were oh so yummy.


1. Wash and remove core from peaches.


2.  Pre-heat grill to a medium/medium-low temperature. Spray peaches with a non-stick cooking stray and place on grill.

3. Close lid and let cook for 5 - 10 minutes, depending on how hot your grill gets.

4. Check for nice char marks on peaches. They should be soft but not falling apart.


5.  Serve plain, with cool whip, or vanilla ice cream.

Peach season is almost over, you only have until mid September before they disappear from local markets. So make sure to get out to your farmers markets to pick some up this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment