- 12 cups of homemade chicken stock
- I keep this stocked in our freezer. You could try to make this with a really good store bought, but I've never done that so I'm not sure how it would turn out
- 2 Chicken Breast (or left over roasted chicken is very good!)
- 2 tbsp Evoo
- 1 cup of onion, diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 2 cups of carrots, sliced (usually use more but that is all we had)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp dry parsley
- 2 Bouillon cubes - chicken
1. Dice chicken into small pieces, season with salt and pepper. Heat and coat pan with evoo. Cook chicken until done.
2. Heat large pot and coat bottom with evoo. Add carrots, onion, and celery. Cover and cook on low for 5-10 minutes, until veggies are tender.
3. Add chicken, bay leaves, parsley, bouillon and chicken stock. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer on low for about an hour.
4. Cook pasta until al dente. Rinse pasta with water.
5. Serve by adding pasta to bowl, then chicken, then broth. Store leftover pasta separate from soup or the pasta will absorb all your yummy broth.