A few things we add pesto to:
- Pasta - Hot like spaghetti or cold like pasta salad
- Mayo to make a sandwich spread.
- 8 Cups of loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 Cup of Almonds
- 2 of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Head of Garlic, Peeled
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
2. Combine basil and garlic in food processor. Turn on medium high to make room to add the nuts.
3. Let nuts cool, so that they don't melt the cheese.
4. Combine all ingredients besides the Evoo. Turn on medium. Begin to drizzle Evoo in the top of the food processor, while on. Blend for awhile to make sure everything is well mixed.
Pesto is normally made with pine nuts, but I've always made it with almonds or walnuts. Not only do I prefer the taste, they are also cheaper